6-7 cored small Roma Tomatoes (fresh from market or garden if possible)
1 large red pepper
1 English cucumber peeled (~500 g)
¼ cup of chopped sweet onion
1-2 large clove of garlic
1 cup V8 vegetable cocktail (or Clamato!)
1-2 cups of BARE BONES broth
1 tbsp lime juice
2-3 tbsp sherry vinegar
Sea salt (to taste)
Fresh ground pepper (to taste)
Cayenne pepper (if you like a kick)
Add a stalk or two of celery
substitute sherry vinegar with balsamic or red wine vinegar
Crunchy bacon bits (my favourite)
Fresh Parsley, Cilantro, or Basil
- Chop the pepper, cucumber, tomatoes, onion and garlic and place in a blender.
- Add vegetable cocktail and lime juice and pulse or blend until desired consistency.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper (and cayenne if you want), and whichever vinegar you decide on.
- Lightly blend again to combine all ingredients.
* IF you intend on drinking/sipping then blend until smooth
* IF you intend on eating it like a refreshing cold soup option to leave it a little chunky
- Pour into a large mason jar and chill for at least 4 hours.
* For soup – portion into bowls and garnish
* For sipping – pour into a glass and garnish like a cocktail