Thai Red Curry
2 cans (14oz) of coconut milk
1 heaping tbsp of red curry paste
Stems from a bunch of cilantro
2 chicken breasts thinly sliced
2-3 cups of BARE BONES broth
1-2 carrots shredded
4-5 kaffir lime leaves
2 stalks lemongrass halved (remove woody leaves)
Zest and juice of 2 limes
Small knob of frozen ginger
1 bunch cilantro leaves
2-3 green onions
Sprinkle of salt or soy/tamari to taste (or 2 tbsn of fish sauce – i prefer salt to avoid MSG)
Optional : Small handful of bean sprouts for texture
Diced yams/sweet potato if you prefer a sweeter curry
Other veggies (spinach, bok choy, etc)
- Scoop the thick coconut cream from the top of just one of the cans into a large stockpot set over a medium-high heat. Melt the cream, add the curry paste and stir for a few minutes until they begin to sizzle.
- Add the cilantro roots and chicken and sauté until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the liquid from the first can of coconut milk and the entire second can along with the BARE BONES bone broth, shredded carrot, kaffir lime leaves, lemon grass, and lime zest and juice.
- Grate the frozen ginger into the broth and simmer for approximately 20 minutes or so.
- Turn off heat. Stir in the bean sprouts. Add the rice noodles and submerge them under the broth for approximately 5 minutes until soft.
- Stir in most of the cilantro leaves. Remove the lemon grass stalks. Taste and season with a touch more salt (or tamari/soy sauce) as needed.
- Ladle into large bowls and garnish with the green onions and remaining cilantro leaves.