Bone Broth Hummus
1/3 cup Bones & Marrow Broth (Bare Bones)
19 oz canned chickpeas rinsed and drained
1/3 cup tahini
1-1.5 garlic clove minced (depending on taste)
1/3 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
1 heaping teaspoon cumin
1 heaping teaspoon paprika
1 heaping teaspoon salt
1/3 cup olive oil
Optional : Fresh dill (to taste preference)
- Add can of chickpeas and bone broth to a medium pot. Bring the broth to a boil on medium heat
- Reduce to a gentle simmer for about 10 minutes until the chickpeas have soaked up almost all of the broth.
- Add chickpeas and all the remaining ingredients (except the olive oil) to a food processor.
- Process until smooth while slowly adding the olive oil and dill
- Taste occasionally until desired dill flavour is reached.
- Serve with olive oil and garnish with a sprig of fresh dill and roasted chickpeas.
NOTE: for traditional hummus omit dill