Pesto Quinoa Salad
2 cloves garlic
½ cup packed basil leaves
½ cup Bones & Marrow Bare Bones Broth
¼ – ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
3 cups packed baby arugula
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
¼ – ½ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp black pepper
Optional: 1/3 cup nutritional yeast or parmesan cheese
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor; pulse until just smooth. You can pulse more or less depending on the texture you prefer.
- Taste pesto and adjust any salt, pepper or lemon juice to taste.
- Use pesto on salads, sandwiches, wraps, pasta or as a dip! Store in a mason jar in the fridge for up to 7 days.
1 cup quinoa
2 cups Bones & Marrow Bare Bones Broth
Pinch of sea salt
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
½ cup red onion, chopped
1 cup baby arugula
½ – ¾ cup Bones & Marrow Pesto
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Optional add-ins: ½ cup red bell pepper, ½ cup feta cheese, ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- Rinse the quinoa under cold water for a few minutes, until the water runs clear. Drain well and add the quinoa to a medium pot with the bone broth, pinch of sea salt and olive oil.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce to low and simmer until all of the broth has been absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, fluff with a fork and set aside to cool completely. To speed up cooling time, remove quinoa from the pot and add to a large salad bowl; once quinoa has stopped “steaming”, place bowl in the fridge to cool completely.