- 2 tbsp coconut oil (avocado oil or olive oil work too)
- 1 yellow onion , diced
- 5 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 cups shredded chicken (use leftover roast chicken or cooked chicken breasts)
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups bone broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 4 oz dry linguine or spaghetti noodles
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- cilantro, avocado slices, green onion, jalapenos for garnish
1. In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and saute for 3 minutes or until golden. Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
2. Add chicken, tomatoes, bone broth, water and spices to pot, stirring. Turn up heat to high and bring to a boil. Once the water is boiling add in noodles – it may not seem like many noodles, but don’t add more as they expand and will soak up some of the broth!
3. Bring to boil again, then reduce the heat to medium, simmering for 10 minutes or until pasta is al dente. Stir in lime juice and remove from heat.
4. Serve while hot in bowls, garnishing with sliced green onions, cilantro, avocado slices and/or sliced jalapeno. Enjoy!
Recipe and photo by @zestandsimmer