Indian Chicken Curry
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp curry powder
½ tsp tumeric
½ tsp cinnamon
Pinch of cayenne
2 large organic chicken breast cut into pieces
3 large carrots, peeled and diced
1 can of coconut milk
1-2 cups of BARE BONES BROTH bone broth
1 tbsp tomato paste
4 cups thinly sliced kale, swiss chard or spinach
1-2 tsp sea salt
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large pot. Add diced onions and saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Add crushed garlic, ground cumin, ground coriander, curry powder, turmeric, cinnamon, cayenne; saute for another 2 minutes then add chicken breast pieces.
- Saute chicken in spices and onion for another 5 minutes. Add carrots, coconut milk, Bare Bones Broth and tomato paste, stir well then cover and simmer on low heat for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add sliced kale, stir well then simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Turn off heat and add sea salt to taste.
- Serve over rice or rice noodles.
- Double or triple the broth in the recipe to make it a creamy chicken curry soup.